Thursday, March 18, 2010

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

Tuesday
A writer for the Brady Bunch wrote these three words one time and they forever resonate. Jan, the orthodontically-challenged awkward middle child was overshadowed by her pretty and popular older sister. The actress of Marcia, Maureen McCormick, wrote in her biography that to this day, people approach her and say that. All the time. And I hear it all the time!
Today I held a lunch for international faculty. We meet every week. I sent them a list of idioms from movies and television shows. So many come from the Wizard of Oz. "Gee, Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." One woman who's lived here a long time agreed that my list was accurate. She explained when we say "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia". Your friend is so pretty and perfect and you're sick of it. Other idioms included "You had me at hello." "There's no place like home." "Show me the money!" "English is easy, NOT" and references like "Webster is like Mayberry!" and "My in-laws are the Cleavers!" Post more below!

No comments:

Post a Comment